Photo Credit – Maria Emmerich
Recipe by Maria Emmerich – Source
It is one of those best and perfect side dish with a nice barbecue, and nothing can beat this recipe.
- Two pounds of small turnips (white). You can also go for the larger ones or the halved ones.
- Two tablespoons of sea salt (Celtic)
- Six tablespoon of beef broth
- Six tablespoon of Mayo (buy mayo with less than 2 grams of carbs per 100grams)
- Two tablespoon of cream (sour)
- Four tablespoon of mustard (Dijon-style)
- One egg (hard cooked)
- Two tablespoon of onions (finely minced)
- Two tablespoon of celery (finely minced)
- Four tablespoon of green pepper (finely minced)
- Four tablespoon of parsley (minced)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (freshly ground) to taste
- First, you are required to peel the turnips and place it in water and cover it.
- Next, add the salt and then bringing to a boil, lower the flame and then cook the turnips for twenty to twenty five minutes.
- Test the turnips with a fork to see if they are cooked properly or not. If they are done, remove them from the water and leave them to dry on paper towels to dry. After they are dried, cut them in small cubes.
- Then, toss the cut turnips in the broth while it is still warm.
- The mayo (organic), cream (sour), mustar, needs to be combined.
- Now, add the sour cream mayo in the broth where the turnip have been boiling for ten minutes, and toss lightly.
- Take the hard-boiled egg and toss it along with the following ingredients – pepper (green), onion (finely minced), celery (finely minced) and parsley (finely minced).
- Toss it lightly again. Don’t forget to add salt and pepper in order to taste.
- Lastly, chill it briefly and then serve.
NOTE – For this recipe, real potato needs to be avoided in icy cold for best flavor. If by any chance, you are making this dish in advance, then it is best to take it out of the refrigerator at least before serving.
- Carbohydrate (58.9g)
If there are eight servings, then each serving will contain 7.4 g of carbohydrates.
- Potato (28 carbs, 4 fiber and 116 calories)
- Turnips (8 carbs, 2 fiber and 36 calories)