Exercise can help you go and live a longer life free of chronic diseases, and you can do this by making your blood sugar to normal levels along with optimising your receptor sensitivity of insulin and leptin.
Exercise, in fact, has so many benefits that it is kind of hard just to point at a few of them. However, these five are just the top five that needs special mention.
- BOOSTING VIGOUR – Exercise not only prevents disease but is also known to slow the ageing process along with optimising the insulin and leptin sensitivity. It had been found out that intense exercise boosts the natural production of the body’s Human Growth Hormone which in turn leads to the promotion of muscle growth along with effectively burning excessive fat. It also promotes longevity with overall health.
- IMPROVES THE BODY’S POSTURE – Exercise helps in building stronger muscles which in turn leads to an improvement in the posture of the body along with mobility and general strength. Exercise helps to expand and stretch the muscles around the shoulders, collarbones as well as shoulder blades and which in turns leads to overall better posture.
- IMPROVES FLEXIBILITY – Exercise also helps you in achieving better flexibility which will be a boon to you as you grow older as it will allow you to move freely without any pain. Important physiological fact is that if you resistance train your muscles thru an entire range of motion of the movement while exercising (considering the right intensity) you will stimulate hypertrophy and flexibility enhancing the functional ability of performing any given task that you put your muscles to work, so yes, proper resistance training can deliver great improvements in flexibility.
- IMPROVES THE MOOD – Mood plays an important role in the field of physical health. It has been found that it is in fact exercise which has come out as the very best ‘anti-depressants’ available.
- HELPS TO SLEEP MORE SOUNDLY – Exercise is known to improve the quality of sleep as it had been found out that regular exercisers can sleep much better as compared to those who didn’t sleep better and needed to take sleeping pills before the start of exercise. It is for this reason that it is recommended that exercise should be performed for a good night’s sleep.
- PROTECTS AGAINST CANCER – There are many pieces of evidence which have suggested that it not only cuts the risk of cancer but also aids in helping the patients of cancer recuperate faster along with diminishing the risk of cancer recurrence. The reason for this is that exercise lowers the resistance of insulin by creating an environment of low sugar in the body which leads to the discouragement of the growth and the spread of cancer cells.
- REDUCTION IN BELLY FAT – Exercise helps in the reduction of belly fat. The belly fat releases proteins as well as hormones and causes inflammation and damaging arteries on the way. This enters the liver and which in turn affects how the body breaks down sugar and fats. It is the exercise which tells the body to burn this fat for fuel.