Studies have shown that low-carb diets are the best option against losing excessive body fat, but you realize that no matter what you do, those extra fats are still not going anywhere. Why is that so? Maybe you are making these mistakes? Are you? Let’s find out, shall we?
- REMEMBER YOUR MACROS – You may very well try to remember this fact that calories do matter, even on a low carb diet; but you won’t be needed to count the calories on a low carb diet as you are going to eat naturally less when you take in foods that are rich in rich in fat and are moderate in proteins.
But to lose weight, you have to keep an eye on your intake of fat and as you keep on reaching your goal, it becomes more and more important.
- INCLUDE VEGETABLES AND FIBER – No matter what, don’t ever avoid the green vegetables. They are high in nutrients wand which is why they will never impair your efforts towards weight loss.
- HUNG ON YOUR KETONE LEVELS – Don’t obsess over your ketone levels. You should very well keep in mind that a low carb diet with very high levels of ketone is not exactly the very best way to lose weight. When your blood ketones are between 0.5 and 3.0 mM, it is the perfect score and any higher than that; the values will hold no meaning.
- NO TO STRESS – Do try to have less stress as stress is a very significant factor in determining weight loss.
- LACK OF SLEEP – Lack of sleep is also one of the factors which determine the loss of weight. If you are not getting enough sleep, it may prove to be difficult to lose weight as individuals deprived of sleep is known to produce less growth hormone and shows a decreased level of leptin along with having glucose metabolism (impaired). Lack of sleep is also known to lead an increased level of ghrelin – a kind of hormone which tells us when we are hungry and people who are deprived of sleep are more likely to store fat.
- TOO MUCH NUTS – Don’t eat too many nuts as it will lead you to stall of weight and weight gain as they are calorie-dense and easy to overeat. But that doesn’t mean that you have to exclude nuts altogether; they contain high fiber (insoluble) and which has no effect on the blood sugar and hence, you can take them without having to worry about the high total carb value of the nuts.
- TOO MUCH DIARY – Eating too much of diary based products can lead to a spike in insulin are they are high in calories. If that happens, you should cut your intake on products such as cheese and yoghurt; but you can take on butter and cream as they are low in protein.
- TOO MUCH LOW CARB TREATS – When you are trying to lose weight, it is best for you if you avoid low-crab treats as they are not good for you as the low carb sweeteners included in the treats only increases the cravings and your appetite levels.
- NO TO ‘LOW CARB’ – Simply put, do try to eat real food as it’s no secret that ‘suggested’ low carb products are often high in carbs or contains unwanted additives.
- TAKING BUTTER COFFEE EVERYDAY – No matter what, avoid taking butter coffee and that too, everyday, as it contains mostly fat and is very low in nutrients.
- TAKING ALCOHOL – Trying to shed those extra layers – then don’t take alcohol. AT ALL. Alcohol not only adds calories but it also increases appetite as well as dehydration and not to mention that it suppresses self-control and it goes without saying that none of these is good for weight loss.
- TOO MUCH SNACKING – If you are following a low carb diet, then you don’t have to need to snack each and every time unless of course, you have hypoglycaemia issues.
- PLANNING YOUR DIET – If you are planning on shedding weight, then it is better to plan and track your diet which will significantly help you in achieving your goals and improve the loss of weight. Planning your diet in advance will help to prevent excessive snacking and binging accidents.
- DON’T RELY PURELY ON GENERIC DIET PLANS – You should remember that no diet plans fits all; and which is why you should create your plan suited specially according to your needs.
- NOT EXERCISING THE RIGHT WAY – If you exercise too much or even if you don’t exercise at all, you should know that both are counterproductive for loss of weight. You should keep in mind not to use exercise to burn calories. Proper exercise like high intensity training can be done in minutes and will improve your muscle quality which will increase your basal metabolic rate,and also can speed up your metabolism, which will help in weight loss also making you healthier fitter, stronger and more toned in the process which is the best way to achieve any results.
- SAY NO TO REGULAR CHEAT MEALS – You should avoid cheat meals and that too, having them regularly is a bad idea as they refers anything from the ‘banned’ class.