One of the first things everyone learn when starting their Intense Health journey is that NO HUMAN is perfect with Nutrition but there is a perfect strategy for each unique human’s lifestyle, genetic type & goals in HEALTH and physicality to be as lean, strong, happy and productive within the least amount of time and suffering in the process.
Recently Me Marcelo and my wife Andreia (Founders of Intense Health) had a trip to America, Business and fun type of trip…
We develop strategies for all our clients to earn the FUN while travelling and still be on track, controlling your physiology by knowing exactly what is happening and how to act being in control. “When we know better, we do better”…
We both ramp up the frequency of training sessions prior and after the travelling and to compensate the lack of the stimulus while away.
- This way your body will get the most out of the extra recovery time, re building ( Anabolic state ).
- Rest periods can be a very useful element of progress in terms of increasing strength and muscle mass, timing and dosage of exercise must be quantified so you can get the most out of these experiences. (Intense Health Clinics got you covered)
- It normally takes 7 to 14 days so the HUMAN body starts to de compensate muscle mass and lose conditioning, just a physiological fact, over the last 2 decades of training clients the best solutions for keeping the results they are getting is to compensate/ replace training before and after travelling. This strategy no only worked for my own progress but for all Intense Health clients.
We utilise strategies of intermittent fasting, which can free you from the “Should I have or should I not have” thinking about food while away. Remember while away you want to have FUN and enjoy the most out of your time off.
- For coffee drinkers, start your day with a triple shot Americano or Long Black… Me and Andreia love to find a great coffee shop and spend time business brainstorming or planing the day ahead while enjoying a great strong coffee 😉 we also love to watch how locals live their normal lives when going to a new place…
- Normally while away you will be sight seeing, performing activities or simple relaxing at the beach, whatever you decide to do by not having food to digest, you will have the energy necessary to enjoy to the max.
- We would recommend to try to go as far as you can (minimum being 16/8 window, 16 hours fasting followed by 8 hours feeding window) but if your feel hungry don’t let the hunger affect your mood, EAT something low in carbohydrates and high in protein Ex: protein bar, Nuts, so you can get going and after 2 pm enjoy the meals you are looking for.
- Ideally we will recommend real foods as a primary choice but again “NO one is perfect” you might be missing that burger or pizza… this way in terms of calories in, calories out you won’t be compromising the metabolism capacity of storing fat for energy due to the fact you will be eating less than you normally would during a 12 hour day. Remember this is a controlled way of having the fun with food while away but is NOT a recommendation for day to day lifestyle choices.
Me and Andreia just being to Toronto, New York & Chicago and these are some of the foods we enjoyed:
Measuring and tracking how your body responded to the strategy is very important to refine and improve the strategy for the next trip!
- At Intense Health we will measure and track using the Fit3D scanner and Calliper test before and after travelling to complete understand how your body responded and introduce the necessary adjustments.
- Knowing how your body behaves is having the power “having control” not feeling guilty or feeling that you are compromising all your previous effort in getting where you are.
- It is a liberating feeling having total control of your HEALTH and physicality and we at Intense Health have a blast helping individuals to know better and use smart strategies proven to work based on decades of experience and science based human physiology; holidays and trips are made so you can relax, reset and re energise, but how awesome it is to have all that, and still come back strong and fit, and not with many kg’s heavier because you know how to approach food wherever you are, while still having fun 🙂
For all our clients we do appreciate the opportunity to serve you and we do believe our mission is to improve your HEALTH and physicality but taking in consideration your lifestyle and allowing some FUN in the process it is important 😉
If you are not an Intense Health client apply now for a free trial in one of our 5 locations in Perth WA and you will show you how quality over quantity is the way o go in regards to exercise and nutrition needs to be a tailored plan for YOU.
Marcelo Mesquita / Founder – Director of Intense Health Clinics.