Photo credit – Lisa
Recipe by Lisa – Source
German chocolate zucchini cake – it is one of the best recipes which is not only super moist but also gluten free.
FOR THE CAKE
- Half cup of flour (coconut)
- Half cup of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- Half cup of sweetener (such as half cup of Stevia Blend)
- One teaspoon of cinnamon
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- One fourth of teaspoon of salt
- One fourth of cup of oil (coconut; liquefied)
- Four eggs (large: beaten)
- One teaspoon of vanilla
- Two cups of zucchini (shredded and drained)
- Half cup of chocolate chips (sugar free; optional)
FOR THE FROSTING (PECAN COCONUT)
- Half cup of milk (almond)
- Half cup of sweetener (such as Swerve Confectioners Powder)
- One egg yolk
- One fourth of cup of butter
- One fourth of cup of teaspoon of xanthan gum
- Half teaspoon of extract (vanilla)
- Three fourth of cup of coconut (unsweetened; shredded)
- Half cup of pecans (chopped)
FOR THE CAKE
- Take the following ingredients – flour (coconut), cocoa powder (unsweetened), cinnamon, baking powder and salt – and stir them together in a large bowl.
- Next, take the other ingredients – eggs, oil (coconut; liquefied) and extract (vanilla) and keep on mixing them until they are well blended. After they are properly stirred, throw in the zucchini and the chocolate chips (if you plan to use them).
- Now, take a greased pan and pour in the whole mixture into it.
- Now, you are required to bake the mixture for forty minutes and that too, at 350 degrees (or in other words, until the toothpick comes out clean after being inserted in the center of the mixture).
FOR THE FROSTING
- First, take a saucepan and mix in the following ingredients – milk (almond), egg yolk, butter and the sweetener.
- Now, heat the mixture in a medium heat. When you will see that bubbles are beginning to form, then take the xanthan gum and sprinkle over it.
- Even after sprinkling, keep on heating the mixture until it is well thickened.
- After the mixture gets well thickened, remove it from the heat and then, take the ingredients – extract (vanilla), coconut (unsweetened; shredded) and pecans (chopped) and stir well.
- Lastly, spread the mixture over the cooled cake.
NOTES – 5.7 net carbs.